gcc 6.15 sed question

rick rick at ttys0.us
Thu Nov 10 08:32:36 PST 2005

In 6.15 when I performed the

sed -i 'dummy/d' /etc/passwd /etc/group

command to remove the dummy users and groups ... received
the following message that appears to be an error message
but I'm not sure

sed -e expression #1, char2: extra characters after command.

Not being sed literate I take this as an error since, after
checking /etc/group, user dummy1 and dummy2 are still
present and dummy1, dummy2 and dummy are still present in
/etc/passwd.

I verified that the syntax on the
" make NON_ROOT_USERNAME=dummy check-root" command,
the 'src/su dummy -c "make RUN_EXPENSIVE_TESTS=yes check"'
command and the sed command was correct.
The make and src commands did not show anything that I
recognized as an error.  Output from the src command
indicated that all tests were passed althogh 16 tests were
not run.

At this point I dont know what my next step should be.
Any input is welcome.

Thanks
Rick Richardson