keyboard key not working under LFS

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 19:07:38 PST 2005

On 11/5/05, IraqiGeek <geek at iraqigeek.com> wrote:
> Before starting that section, I did a reset, chrooted back to the LFS
> filesystem, and right after that I discovered that I cannot type the
> lowercase R, though everything is fine if I type it in uppercase. If I get
> out of the chrooted filesystem, I can type both upper and lowercase R's.

This happened to me once before (except it was the letter e I
believe).  The most likely culprit is a missing or corrupted
/etc/inputrc file.  Look at Ch. 7.8.  Make sure that the "" quote
marks are there in your file.  I use a US keyboard, so I always skip
it, but check your configuration in Ch. 7.6 as well.

Someone with more experience here could probably give you more
guidance, but this is the simplest solution I think.

--
Dan