GRUB boot image support

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 09:55:57 PST 2005

On 11/3/05, Ian Armstrong <ika at openmail.cc> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 04 2005 : 07:51:39, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Does anyone have any interest in image support for the splash screen
> >of GRUB?  I just podged together some patches from Gentoo into one
> >patch.  It works fine AFAICT.  Hints material possibly?
>
> Yes, I would be interested.

OK, I should have looked, but there's already a patch for this in the
LFS patches repo that's almost identical
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/grub/grub-0.94-graphics-1.patch.
 However, this patch fails on 0.97 Makefile.am.  So, I guess this is
relevant.

I'm attaching the patch.  If it's deemed worthy, could it be added to
the patches repo?  All the relevant info is in the patch (just adapted
from the old one).  You have to run the autotools after the patch
since it affects Makefile.am.  And the image file you use has to be
640x480 xpm (optionally gzipped) with 14 colors or less.

--
Dan