installing with gmp on host system

Doug Ronne vextorspace at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 13:58:25 PST 2005

On 11/3/05, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/3/05, Doug Ronne <vextorspace at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 11/3/05, Matthew Burgess <matthew at linuxfromscratch.org>

> > Right you are.  I eventually came to the realization that alfs was not
> > performing the scripts up front correctly and the fixincludes script
> > was running and screwing things up.
>
> Care to elaborate?  This is a crucial error, and your info could save
> someone else from getting bitten by the same problem later.
>
> --
> Dan

Well it sort of belongs in alfs, but it should be noted that if the
script in the gcc pass 2 in chapter 5 is not properly run (the seds
and such with the Makefile), then the make errors out in libiberty,
and when you look at the configure it has errors with regards to
gmp.h.  I did not save the actual error files once I discovered what
was going on.  The alfs scripts were wrong because I was hacking them
and screwed up the environment creation so other people shouldn't hit
that problem.

-Doug