Problem with dynamic linking

David Lyne davelargeuk2 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 2 07:29:08 PST 2005

Hi

> Well, the script didn't make it to me.  But, this is what I'd do.
> Familiarize yourself with the shell script.  Try to figure out exactly
> what it's doing to your environment to run the binary.  Also, what
> happens when you run ldd on LinuxInstaller.bin?  Maybe it has a
> harded-coded RPATH.  But that wouldn't matter because you'd still find
> your libraries after it searched there first.  I'm stuck on the script
> setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH or something, but that wouldn't cause this I
> don't think.

Sorry. I have a habit of forgetting to attach attachments 8o).

The first install script won't help anyway because I know that it
executes without error and I'm pretty sure (by looking at it) that it
doesn't set anything in the environment anyway.

I've been staring at the main script on and off (I have to get some work
done today as well 8o( ) but I'm a bit of a novice so I may have to
resort to the Bash guide first...

I've searched LinuxInstaller.bin for LD_LIBRARY_PATH (I had that idea
too!) but there was no mention. Cheers for the hint about RPATH - I'll
have to find out what that is.

> You could also write to Maplesoft support and ask them what's up with
> the installer.

I've tried that. You can guess the answer: "LFS is not a supported
distribution..."

Thanks again for your help.

Dave