Problem with dynamic linking

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 06:12:34 PST 2005

On 11/2/05, David Lyne <davelargeuk2 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> The 'install program' is a short shell script (called
> installMapleLinuxSU, which I've attached to this mail) which checks
> you've got a gui running and then launches the main binary installer
> (LinuxInstaller.bin, which I can't attach because it's bigger than my
> mail server's limit).

Well, the script didn't make it to me.  But, this is what I'd do.
Familiarize yourself with the shell script.  Try to figure out exactly
what it's doing to your environment to run the binary.  Also, what
happens when you run ldd on LinuxInstaller.bin?  Maybe it has a
harded-coded RPATH.  But that wouldn't matter because you'd still find
your libraries after it searched there first.  I'm stuck on the script
setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH or something, but that wouldn't cause this I
don't think.

You could also write to Maplesoft support and ask them what's up with
the installer.

--
Dan