Error Compiling GCC (1st Pass) in LFS 6.0

Alexander Darino maverick11478 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 30 13:29:34 PDT 2005

I followed the instructions exactly, and in order. When I finnally typed

"make BOOT_LDFLAGS="-static" bootstrap"

It compiles normally, until the very end where it says

"
genmodes.o errors.o ../libiberty/libiberty.a
/tools/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
collect2: ld returned 1 exist status
make[2]: *** [genmodes] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/mnt/lfs/gcc-3.4.1/gcc'
make[1]: *** [stage2_build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/lfs/gcc-3.4.1/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
"

at the very end of the compilation. Then I decided to erase the unpacked gcc
directory and unpack a new, fresh one, and repeat the process using root
instead. This produced the same exact results.

I would appreciate any help for getting by this problem.

Thank you.