cross compile

henk henk at targetteam.nl
Wed Jun 29 03:10:28 PDT 2005

Hello,

I am trying to complete:
http://linuxfromscratch.org/~jhuntwork/cross-lfs/x86/index.html.

I ran into trouble when I tried to compile the compiler.
It could not find the headers signal.h and sys/ucontext.h.

Page 4.4 instructs to do:

cat > ~/.bashrc << "EOF"
set +h
umask 022
LFS=/mnt/lfs
LC_ALL=POSIX
PATH=/cross-tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
export LFS LC_ALL PATH
EOF

Notice the /cross-tools.

Next it says:

"By putting /tools/bin ahead of the standard PATH, all the programs
installed in Constructing a Temporary Tools are picked up by the shell
immediately after their installation. This, combined with turning off
hashing, limits the risk that old programs from the host are being used when
they should not be used any longer. "

Could it be that the references to /cross-tools and /tools are mixed-up.
Should I use cross-tools where tools is mentioned?

Henk van der Meer