Question on directory created

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 07:12:07 PDT 2005

Hi Steve,

Started again as advised.  Steps performed as follows;

$ su
Password:
# ls /mnt/lfs/
lost+found
# umount /mnt/lfs
# export LFS=/mnt/lfs

# echo $LFS
/mnt/lfs

# mkdir -p $LFS
# mount /dev/hda6 $LFS
# mkdir $LFS/sources
# chmod a+wt $LFS/sources
All went through without complaint

# ls -al $LFS/sources
total 12
drwxrwxrwt  2 root root 4096 Jun 27 22:02 .
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root 4096 Jun 27 22:02 .

So far so good.

Now I'm prepared to download all packages listed on
3.2. All Packages
http://www.sg.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/6.0/chapter03/packages.html

and all patches listed on 3.3. Needed Patches
http://www.sg.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/6.0/chapter03/patches.html

to /mnt/lfs/sources/

If I did anything wrong, please advise me.  TIA

B.R.
Stephen

http://www.sg.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/6.0/chapter02/mounting.html