Question on directory created

steve crosby steve.crosby at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 17:57:39 PDT 2005

On 6/27/05, Stephen Liu <satimis at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have 'LFS' partition permanently mounted as;
>
> # cat /etc/fstab

<snip>

> /dev/hda6               /mnt/lfs                ext3
>  defaults        1 2

okay, that means you have already created and mounted the LFS parition

> According to following URL
> http://www.sg.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/6.0/chapter02/mounting.html
>
> I proceeded
> # mkdir -p $LFS /mnt/LFS
> # mkdir /mnt/LFS/$LFS/usr
>
> # ls -al /mnt/LFS
> total 24
> drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4096 Jun 27 07:40 .
> drwxr-xr-x  8 root root 4096 Jun 27 07:39 ..
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Jun 27 07:40 usr
>
> Only /usr is there, '$LFS' not found.  Whether
> /mnt/LFS is '$LFS'?

Okay, you only need the mkdir /mnt/LFS/$LFS/usr if you are going to
have your LFS /usr directories on a seperate filesystem, which does
not appear to be the case, so you don't need to follow this step.

Also, the instructions you are refering to in the URL above are for
mounting the new LFS partition, which it appears you have already
completed.

- --
Steve Crosby