x86_64 again...

Jens Olav Nygaard jens_olav.nygaard at chello.no
Fri Jun 24 12:06:07 PDT 2005

Please bear over with me if this has been pointed out before...

I'm running LFS+BLFS (fairly recent stuff, Jan 05) on an Intel P4 thingy.
Now I'm awaiting a shiny new AMD X2 in the mail. My question is
this: What is the best (=most sure to succeed with stable results) way to
get a 64 bit LFS running?

Is it to install some commercial Suse/Redhat/... 64bit-system as host first?
Or could I just replace current hardware, boot old host and start a new
"LFS-installation-process"? I realize that would bring me into
cross-compiler-land, which may not be a good idea(?)!

Argh... questions... all these questions... Anyway... Ideas and/or
pointers to information appreciated...

J.O.