Ch 5.10 Expect in SVN-20050621

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 22 14:31:58 PDT 2005

Matthew Burgess wrote:

> I'm not sure.  What do your source and build directory layouts look like?
>
> I know some folks have run into problems when they've done something like:

Yes, and obviously there are many people that are running into similar
problems. I personally wouldn't mind the book to be changed to something
a little more non-specific and avoid the possibility of breakage.

We could do something like:

In the tcl page, at the end of the install do:

export TCLPATH=`pwd`

and then in the configure line for the expect page:

--with-tclinclude=$TCLPATH

and when expect is installed:

unset TCLPATH

Anyway, I have to do something similar for my livecd build because I
build each package in their own separate directory.  It might save some
confusion if the book was more generic.

--
JH