Advice wanted: building a Linux audio/music station on LFS

erik at crabgrassmusic.com erik at crabgrassmusic.com
Mon Jun 20 20:21:07 PDT 2005

That's great hear that you're into a principally audio box.  I'm new to
LFS (in fact, I'm only just getting to the point of booting it up for the
first time-- except for one very mysterious problem; see 'missing
uppercase [B] in chroot environment' posting if you're interested.)  My
main reason for learning LFS is that, besides the general hacking and,
hopefully, ultimate control I'll gain, I really want to develop a distro
that centers around the already powerful audio tools available from our
ever-lovin' OS.  I've done lots of diddling with other, large footprint,
distros and have decided  to work on something a little more streamlined
or, at least, specialized.  I'd love to get a better grip on the sound
infrastructure and would be happy to bounce ideas back and forth with you.
 As far as just all around general advice, however, I think I might be in
the same boat as you.  Until I get this thing really up and running, I
won't be much help-- especially if I've got no 'B.'

Looks like a great plan and I hope you can keep folks updated as to your
progress.

erik