GLibC Building error

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Mon Jun 20 09:39:59 PDT 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, developerman wrote:

> In the chapter 6, when building GLibC, I have a problem. configure and make command are finished without any error. But malloc/mtrace file hasn't created. So in test suite threre are many errors.
> What to do? Why mtrace doesn't created?

Your perl from chapter 5 is probably broken.  Try perl -V : if it is
working correctly, you should get a lot of information including the
libc it was linked against and @INC pointing to several directories
under /tools/lib/perl5.

There seem to be two common errors here -

 updating a script to use a newer version of perl, and forgetting to
update the version in the directory names (so that the perl modules are
installed somewhere not in @INC)

 coming back to chroot after leaving it or powering off, and building
against the host's glibc.

Ken