can't boot lfs

Andrew Benton b3nt at ukonline.co.uk
Sun Jun 19 01:13:19 PDT 2005

Vivi C wrote:
> Hi :)
> I just finished the book LFS, but my lfs can't boot
> i have Mandrake 10.1 and i don't  want install grub so
> what i did instead "setup hd0" was "setup (hd0,9)" as
> the bood said, now i'm using the bootloader from
> mandrake
> when i select LFS 6.0 in the boot menu somethng like
> this appear:
> BIOS [something] .........................succesful
> Uncompressing......................
> then i can read the rest of the lines (is so fast) the
> last lines when stops are:
> Enabling fast FPU save and restore... done.
> Checking `hlt` instruction... Ok.
> CPU0: AMD Athlon(tm)XP 2400+ stepping 01
> per_CPU timeslice cutoff: 731_33 usecs
> task migration cache decay timeout: 1 msecs.
> enabled ExtINT on CPU0
> ESR value before enabling vector:00000002
> ESR value after enabling vector:00000002
> after that in the screen nothing hapen and keeps like
> that

Have you tried recompiling your kernel? It looks like the kernel you're trying to boot is having problems running on your hardware. Have a good look through the help comments available in make menuconfig and enable all the options that you think might apply to your setup. You may need to recompile many times to work out what the problem is. Good luck