Building LFS on x86_64

Klaus Dimde klaus at dimde.info
Sat Jun 18 04:20:21 PDT 2005

Hi there,

with your help on this list and some hints in the net I managed it to build
lfs in a x86_64 environment. Everything works quite fine. My only problem is,
that I used some quite dirty hacks to get it done. For example I symlinked
the /lib to the /lib64 directory and had to use the --withot-multilib option
while building the binutils and c-compiler.

The last point results in not having a cross-compiler to build normal i386
code wich is used for grub and some other projects. I just wanted to know if
someone built lfs on a x86_64-System without these hacks. Perhaps in future
versions of the lfs book there could be some additional hints for doing this
(just a suggestion).

Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy doing linux the "hunter-gatherer"-way

Greetings

Klaus