setfault after completing chapter 6

Peter B. Steiger wyo_wl001 at bresnan.net
Wed Jun 15 07:35:28 PDT 2005

I finished up chapter 6 of the SVN version last night, and exited the
chroot environment so I could make a backup of everything up to this
point.  Now when I try to chroot back in again, I get a segfault.  No
explanation, just the word "segfault" and no entry into lfs (yes, the
lfs partition is still mounted).

I finally got in using the /tools/bin/env and /tools/bin/bash method
from chapter 5, but half the commands I enter still result in segfault
even after I changed the path around to put /tools/bin and /tools/sbin
first.

Is there any way to identify what specific programs are causing the
segfault and why?  I really don't want to have to rip everything out and
start all over again...

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY