Can LFS be copied from 1 hard drive to another after the build?

Peter B. Steiger wyo_wl001 at bresnan.net
Wed Jun 15 06:52:31 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 20:12 +1200, Steve Crosby wrote:
> Just as a note for the unwary - make sure you don't have proc, sysfs, dev
> et al mounted in /mnt/lfs when you create the tarball or copy the files to
> the new partition ;)

{groan} Now you tell me!  By coincidence, I did exactly that last night
when I completed chapter 6... and completely forgot that those virtual
directories were mounted in lfs-space.  No wonder the tarball was almost
2 gig and took a half an hour!

One of these days I need to learn how to use this computer...

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY