Any idea of this command?

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.lfs at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 11:28:55 PDT 2005

Hi,

> Well, for `make -C ld clean` look at the "clean:" area in the Makefile
> inside the "ld" directory inside the "binutils-build" directory. For the
> `make -C ld LIB_PATH=/tools/lib` look at the "all:" area in the Makefile
> in the "ld" directory in "binutils-build" directory and pay attention to
> where $LIB_PATH is used in the script. For `make -C ld install` look at
> the "install:" area in the Makefile in the "ld" directory inside the
> "binutils-build" directory.

i searched the Makefile for the above,but i could not get those
:-(.ok,since am converting to RPM spec files,my friend told me to do
the things mentioned beloe  for re-adjusting the toolchain,

in the %build section,

%__mv  %{buildroot}%{_prefix}/bin/ld %{buildroot}%{_prefix}/bin/ld.new
%__mv  %{buildroot}%{_prefix}/*/bin/ld `echo
%{buildroot}%{_prefix}/*/bin/`ld.new

and in the %post toolchain section,

%__ln_s -f ld.orig %{_prefix}/bin/ld
%__ln_s -f ld.orig `echo %{_prefix}/*/bin/`ld

(%{_prefix} = /tools)

will this work out???,to tell you the truth, i didnt understand
anything what he told :-(

i would be very happy if someone could help me out....

with regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep