Problem re-adjusting the toolchain during chapter 6

Andrew Benton b3nt at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 15:36:27 PDT 2005

towarzysz at comcast.net wrote:
> Sorry, you might be getting another message very similar to this. Anyways, $LFS is set as /LFS. The /tools directory also exists. The problem that I think I'm having, that I'm not sure I was clear about earlier, is that since chrooting into the new environment, the /LFS directory disappears. Binutils and everything else was configured and compiled during chapter 5 when it existed, and therefore, everything points to /LFS instead of root (/).

Well that shouldn't matter. If you made the /tools symlink pointing at /LFS/tools then everything should have been configured --prefix=/tools, which on your host system was a symlink pointing at /LFS/tools and now that you're in chroot it will be /tools. Did you configure things --prefix=/LFS/tools? If so, that was your mistake