Problem re-adjusting the toolchain during chapter 6

towarzysz at comcast.net towarzysz at comcast.net
Fri Jun 10 13:10:44 PDT 2005

Sorry, you might be getting another message very similar to this. Anyways, $LFS is set as /LFS. The /tools directory also exists. The problem that I think I'm having, that I'm not sure I was clear about earlier, is that since chrooting into the new environment, the /LFS directory disappears. Binutils and everything else was configured and compiled during chapter 5 when it existed, and therefore, everything points to /LFS instead of root (/).

Thanks

Rich K.