Problem re-adjusting the toolchain during chapter 6

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.lfs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 11:27:21 PDT 2005

Hi,

> root:/tools/binutils-build# make-C ld INSTALL=/tools/bin/install install
> make: Entering directory `/tools/binutils-build/ld'
> cd /LFS/tools/binutils-2.15/ld && automake --cygnus Makefile
> /bin/sh: line 0: cd: /LFS/tools/binutils-2.15/ld: No such file or directory
> make: *** [/LFS/tools/binutils-2.15/ld/Makefile.in] Error 1
> make: Leaving directory `/tools/binutils-build/ld'
> As you can see, rather than installing the system on /mnt/lfs, I did it on /LFS... >though I followed virtually every other instruction exactly as it was written in the >6.0 book. My binutils source and binutils-build directories still exist. The problem

if you have done chroot to /LFS then you are into it.so you should
have "/tools" there...after doing chroot,did you check for "cd /tools"
or "cd tools/",and please do check whether your $LFS is set to "/LFS".

>as I see it is there is no longer a /LFS directory after chroot, so I
have to change >something to accommodate that...Any help would be
appreciated

what change did you do?.. :-?

with regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep