Problem re-adjusting the toolchain during chapter 6

towarzysz at comcast.net towarzysz at comcast.net
Fri Jun 10 11:01:05 PDT 2005

When I typed the command to link binutils to the new libs instead of the ones in the /tools directory, I received the following error

root:/tools/binutils-build# make-C ld INSTALL=/tools/bin/install install
make: Entering directory `/tools/binutils-build/ld'
cd /LFS/tools/binutils-2.15/ld && automake --cygnus Makefile
/bin/sh: line 0: cd: /LFS/tools/binutils-2.15/ld: No such file or directory
make: *** [/LFS/tools/binutils-2.15/ld/Makefile.in] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/tools/binutils-build/ld'

As you can see, rather than installing the system on /mnt/lfs, I did it on /LFS... though I followed virtually every other instruction exactly as it was written in the 6.0 book. My binutils source and binutils-build directories still exist. The problem as I see it is there is no longer a /LFS directory after chroot, so I have to change something to accommodate that...Any help would be appreciated

Rich K.