Missing uppercase [B] in chroot environment

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.lfs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 14:24:49 PDT 2005

Hi,

> I've made it this far without a hitch, but all of a sudden I no longer
> have an uppercase B in the chroot environment.  I believe it must've
> happened somewhere between setting the locale and the Bash Shell Starup
> files, though I can't find the problem.
> [Shift]-[b] doesn't work, nor does [caps-lock].  With [caps-lock] on,
> [shift]-[b], produces a lowercase b, as it should.
> The host system is fine, but I can't even copy and paste an uppercase B.
> Strange??
> Any suggestions are received with much thanks.

check your keymap that you load before compiling you kernel, i had
once wrongly selected the keymap and the whole keyboard was
functioning in a weird manner!..:-)

just in case if you are using US English with QWERTY keyboard, select this,

oadkeys -m /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/us.map.gz >
drivers/char/defkeymap.c

and even then if it doesnt work out,please do check your locale..

with regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep