How do I get packages so I can start building LFS the way I want

rblythe rblythe714 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 7 20:05:19 PDT 2005

I have been RTFM as well as other Linux resources, but I am still unsure how
how to get the packages so that I can build the system the way I want.

1) do I use my host system to download like I did when I got the initial
packages to start building the LFS system?

2) do I use 'wget' or some other method inside the LFS system to get the
packages I want?  If wget is not the right way, please tell me the right
method.

If this is better suited for BLFS please let me know that too, but I just got
my system to boot tonight and I am excited about moving on.

Thanks.

Randy