Cannot boot LFS 6.0 - grub is working - when LFS is selected it causes reboot of system [FIXED]

rblythe rblythe714 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 7 19:05:30 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 7:50 am, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, rblythe wrote:
> > Okay, I re-compiled the kernel with no luck.  I get the same outcome as
> > before.  If anyone has another possible solution please let me know.
>
>  Well, it might be a miscompiled grub (using CFLAGS) like Ratrophy
> suggests, kinda hard to tell from your minimal details, but it sounded
> suspiciously like the couple of lines you get as the kernel is
> decompressed and attempts to boot.
>
>  So, if rebuilding grub doesn't fix it, let us know what processor you
> have (e.g. cat /proc/cpuinfo), and what you selected under 'Processor
> type and features' in your .config
>
> Ken
> --
>  das eine Mal als Tragödie, das andere Mal als Farce

Can you tell that I am a newbie?  I was compiling the kernel for a pentium 4
processor and I don't have a pentium 4 processor.  Well after reading all of
the options, etc during the menuconfig, I picked the right processor and
finished compiling the kernel.  I rebooted the machine and hurray!!!! I now
have a functioning LFS 6.0 system.  Now on to BLFS.

Thanks for all of the help.

Randy