Cannot boot LFS 6.0 - grub is working - when LFS is selected it causes reboot of system

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Tue Jun 7 04:50:42 PDT 2005

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, rblythe wrote:

> Okay, I re-compiled the kernel with no luck.  I get the same outcome as
> before.  If anyone has another possible solution please let me know.

 Well, it might be a miscompiled grub (using CFLAGS) like Ratrophy
suggests, kinda hard to tell from your minimal details, but it sounded
suspiciously like the couple of lines you get as the kernel is
decompressed and attempts to boot.

 So, if rebuilding grub doesn't fix it, let us know what processor you
have (e.g. cat /proc/cpuinfo), and what you selected under 'Processor
type and features' in your .config

Ken