QUERY

shikha sharma pichchu18 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 01:40:14 PDT 2005

Hi,
   I was at chapter 5 of lfs version 6.0 adjusting the
toolchain (link given here)
http://www.sg.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/6.0/chapter05/adjusting.html.
I was trying to amend the gcc spec file but was unable
to do so.i triend to run the following commands given
in that chapter-:
echo 'main(){}' > dummy.c
cc dummy.c
readelf -l a.out | grep ': /tools'
  but did not get any output.The path was correct and
even changing cc to gcc did not work.This led me to
the conclusion that the spec file has not been amended
properly.Can you please tell me how to  amend the spec
file or where to write these instructions
SPECFILE=`gcc --print-file specs` &&
sed 's@ /lib/ld-linux.so.2@
/tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2 at g' \
    $SPECFILE > tempspecfile &&