Repartition question

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 18:01:58 PDT 2005

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your advice.

--- Ken Moffat <ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net> wrote:

> > /dev/hda5  /home
> > /dev/hda6  /mnt/LFS
> > /dev/hda7  /mnt/LiveCD
> >

>  Stylistically, capitalisation (except _perhaps_
> 'CD') is often
> considered wrong - if you look at the book, it
> mounts at /mnt/lfs. But
> that's just a comment to make sure you remember
> where you mount it and
> are consistent in what you do.

Noted with thanks

>  But, why do you want a partition named for the
> LiveCD ? ......

I create this partition for building my LiveCD based
on LFS.  Sorry, not indicating it on my original
posting.

>  You can certainly build on ext3, BUT fedora often
> adds new options into
> the filesystem which may need a newer version of
> e2fsprogs to be
> recognised (search the archives at
> search.linuxfromscratch.org for
> 'e2fsprogs' and 'unsupported').  This is most likely
> to bite you when
> you first boot the new system, or after the first
> unclean shutdown.

Google search brought me following URL
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/testing/chapter02/creatingfilesystem.html
I think the "Note" on this page will be relevent.

# debugfs -R feature /dev/hda2
debugfs 1.36 (05-Feb-2005)
Filesystem features: has_journal ext_attr resize_inode
dir_index filetype needs_

Do I need to do anything?  TIA

B.R.
Stephen