LFS suddenly not working!

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.lfs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 11:27:36 PDT 2005

hi everybody,

i completed LFS and was happy with the system. Then came the idea of
Package Management System and i was trying with Portage. So my LFS was
with a Package Manager. I had built LFS in a separate extended
partition,
           /dev/hdb5 - root
           /dev/hdb6 - swap
so i had my
           /dev/hdb1 - boot
          free space - aprox. 20 GB
i installed YOPER, in the free space by creating the "/" and "/home"
partition and made SWAP partition /dev/hdb6 common...

now if i boot into my LFS system, am not able to execute commands as
how we execute by just typing "ls" or "useradd". Am able to execute
only as "/usr/bin/clear"..

what has happend to my LFS system?...is that i messed up with the
YOPER installation or do i have to set something?

hope i made clear...

thanks in advance,

with regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep