Development packages

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.lfs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 09:33:09 PDT 2005

hi,

> Fedora Core 3
>
> I need to install the development tool/option on the
> OS to build LinuxFromScratch.  Instead of running the
> CDs again and update the installed packages
> afterwards, I expect to run "yum" to install the
> packages from website.  Please advise which packages I
> need to install.

if you are using Fedora Core-3 as your host system, you can choose
"Workstation" as your installation option. I have completed LFS using
FC-3 as my base system. You wont get any difficulty in building LFS if
you choose "Workstation Installation". There is no need for "yum" to
install the packages from the website.

with regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep