fcron mail problem

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Wed Jun 1 07:39:35 PDT 2005

 I've got a problem with fcron (2.9.5.1) sending me blank mails - if I
specify either MAILTO= or !reset,mailto( the mail gets sent to the
correct recipient when the job runs, but the To: header is missing so
that it shows as "undisclosed-recipients" and there is neither a title
nor text.  That is, all the stdout from the scheduled job disappears.

 If I use fcron to schedule a script that will call 'mail' to email me
only if something needs to be reported, the mail from the script works
fine so I guess this is an fcron problem.  The mta is postfix.  Any
ideas ?

Ken