keyboard problem

Shane Shields shane.shields at erkunttarim.com.tr
Wed Jun 1 07:05:57 PDT 2005

Ozsvath Csaba wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've finished with the lfs book and i booted the new system. Everything went
>ok, it gave the login prompt and when i wanted to type, at the first key hit
>it gave a kernel panic. I've put this question on the lfs-support irc and
>there was an observation (thanx QeH) that i have problems with my modprobe.
>The observation seems to be correct but i still can't resolve it.
>Can anyone help me?
>I post the dmesg too.
>
>Linux agpgart interface v0.100 (c) Dave Jones
>[drm:drm_init] *ERROR* Cannot initialize the agpgart module.

<snip>

>atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0x7a on isa0060/serio0).
>atkbd.c: This is an XFree86 bug. It shouldn't access hardware directly.
>request_module: failed /sbin/modprobe -- net-pf-10. error = 65280

Have you compiled X and are you booting into runlevel 5? If you did
compile X (which I believe you did), did you copy the kernel modules
over from X?

Try
a) recompiling the kernel and don't use the modules compiled by X.
b) boot into runlevel 3 and do a console logon.
c) read man modprobe.conf

HTH

--
Shane Shields

Registered LFS Compiler: 7582
To drink the WINE of success you must first seek the sayings of source

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this message or its header, you agree to these terms.