XFree86-4.4.0

Casey James Price linuxproject at aws-sj.com
Mon Jan 10 18:54:30 PST 2005

Hi there,
    I was going through the LFS book and got through all of that and am now
onto BLFS. I know this might not be the right location to post this, but I
thought maybe somewhere here might have a solution to this. When I try to
compile XFree86-4.4.0 with ( make WORLDOPTS="" World 2>&1 | tee
xfree-compile.log && exit $PIPESTATUS ) It goes on for a very long time, and
eventually dies with this error:

In file included from drm.h:41,
            from xf86drm.c:72:
/usr/include/linux/config.h:1:2: #error "Compilation aborted. Please reads
the FAQ for linux-libc-headers package. "
/usr/include/linux/config.h:2:2: #error "(can be found at
http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~mmazur/linux/libc-headers/doc/)"
make[6]: *** xf86drm.o] Error 1

So does anyone have any ideas about this one? I checked out that site and it
didn't seem too helpful. I would really appreciate any help anyone is
willing to offer on this one. I had pretty much the same problem when I
tried to install Xorg.

Thanks,

Casey