Lilo woes

Jens Olav Nygaard jens_olav.nygaard at chello.no
Sat Jan 29 14:09:06 PST 2005

Felix Jodoin wrote:
> Why not just install grub? That would solve the problem...
> It's not  a very good solution, but it'll work just fine...

I guess so. But previous hassle with grub has put me off.
Anyway, I found a solution:
For some (strange, I think) reason, lilo tries to access
all devices in /proc/partitions even though one tells it
to do it's stuff on /dev/hda, for example.
The problem is when those devices does not exist
under /dev, due to a remapping by udev. The solution
(or quick fix, hack, whatever) was to add SYMLINK="%k" to
all my udev rules. Ok, I get some unneeded extra links in
/dev, but lilo is happy.

J.O.