5.9. Adjusting the Toolchain - Error

Shawn Heeley heeley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 09:11:59 PST 2005

I've tried reading the FAQs, googling and posting to
LinuxQuestions.org.  I'm not having any luck.  I'm having a problem
getting past section 5.9 Adjusting..

When running the sample dummy.c file, I get the following output:

echo 'main(){}' > dummy.c
cc dummy.c

output:

lfs:~$ cc dummy.c
/mnt/lfs/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.1/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
no input files
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

which gcc:
/tools/bin

which ld:
/tools/bin

I have the symlink created for cc, pointing to gcc.  I've tried the
above with gcc as well.  I've rebuilt everything twice now and gotten
to the same point.  I'm clearly doing something wrong.  If I switch my
path back to point to the host gcc/ld, the above test works fine.  I
don't even know where to start.  Can anyone offer any advice?

P.S.:  I did switch the specs file to point to /tools/lib..

Thanks,
Shawn