Grub problem

Greg Newton greg.newton at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jan 24 21:41:09 PST 2005

My apologies, my mind went 1-based when it should have been 0-based.

The grub manual says it searches /boot/grub and /grub for the
grub images. I don't think you can have your menu.lst in (hd0,0)/
but you should be able to have it in (hd0,0)/boot/grub or in
(hd0,0)/grub, unless you specify otherwise in the setup command
(with --prefix)

HTH (more than last time)

/greg

Dear all , thanks for all to discuess my question. ^_^.

>Reference to Greg.
>if hda1 = /boot and hda2 = /
>but in GRUB, hda1 => hd0,0 and hda2 => hd0,1
>
>grub>root (hd0,1) # tells grub where to find menu.lst  <<=it
will tell grub
the menu.lst will be on partition hda2, but the menu.lst is existed
in hda1?
why. it set to (hd0,1) not (hd0,0)??

grub>kernel (hd0,1)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.7 root=/dev/hda2 <<= it
will tell grub
to find the kernel in hda2/boot/vmlinuz-xxx and the / is in hda2

but i try it. if...
grub>root (hd0,0) #set the menu.lst location