perl and locales

S. Anthony Sequeira tony at sequeira.org.uk
Mon Jan 24 13:10:07 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 12:40 -0800, Jeremy Utley wrote:
> S. Anthony Sequeira wrote:
>

> >I'm trying to find where these are set, because they appear wrong.  Mine
> >is:
> >

> It's going to be in /etc/profile - The LFS book has it written that way
> with the <replaceable> tags, but the [] should not be included - they
> indicate text to be replaced.
>
> -J-

I wasn't sure how far he had digressed from the book, if he had.  I
think LFS SVN also ha[ds] a flirtation with an i18n.sh file in
profile.d?

Just trying to cover all bases.  I came into this thread late.  Also
doesn't appear to thread very well in Evo's newsreader, so I don't know
which release is being discussed.

It looks like that's the problem then.  Remove the [] and he should be
OK.
--
Universities are places of knowledge. The freshman each bring a little
in with them, and the seniors take none away, so knowledge accumulates.