Unterminated 's' statement

Robert Fritsch fritschrj.lfs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 18:46:08 PST 2005

Hello all, I'm trying to get LFS stable to work on my laptop.  I started
with a SuSE 9.1 Professional host system and have moved to using the
live CD.  My problem comes when running configure on binutils.  I
receive an unterminated 's' statement and it generates a blank
makefile.  I've done some research online and come to find that the
problem is generally sed, and that updating it helps.

How would I update sed in the live CD?  or should I go back to SuSE 9.1
and see if I can't get that to work.  I stopped using it because I was
getting an error that I later found to be just a permissions issue.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

-Robert-