help -- system without operating system

Richard Betel emteeoh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 12:47:40 PST 2005

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 06:38:02 -0800 (PST), com bio
<combiofriends at yahoo.com> wrote:

> What type of programs should i have in my CD?

If you look at the packages download page at linuxfromscratch.org,
there are a few links for LFS live CDs. These are ideal! A bootable
Linux with the appropriate build tools and packages. I think (although
I haven't tried) that they usually have ALFS included too, which
should mean that you can boot the cd, edit one xml file, run a single
command, and then ignore the computer for a few hours (or days
depending on the speed!) and come back to a fully built LFS linux box.