Ch 6 re-adjusted toolchain.

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Wed Jan 19 23:35:37 PST 2005

Jim Gifford wrote:

> Jeremy a lot of people are having problems with that perl command
> that's in chapter 6. Most of the people are experienced LFS builders.
> It's been verified, in IRC that there is an issue.

Perhaps so...I've never seen problems from it here, and most of the
problems I have seen can be attributed to typographical errors.  Any
replacement needs to adjust the startfile prefix spec as well..and the
sed to do that is even uglier and more typo prone.  Actually, now that I
look more closely, I see what's wrong - when that perl command was
migrated over to testing, an extra symlink that went along with doing so
did not get migrated...see:

http://lfs.osuosl.org/lfs/view/unstable/chapter06/createfiles.html

The symlink commands are slightly different - libgcc_s.so is symlinked
over as well as the .so.1.  I'll get that moved over shortly.

-J-