problem in gettext-0.14 --- make

B. boff2003 at mail.ru
Mon Jan 17 10:55:24 PST 2005

Hello, com bio <combiofriends at yahoo.com>!

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 06:34:25 -0800 (PST) you wrote:

>     I hope i had check rooted correctly,
> when i issue the pwd command i can only see the new
> root directory for the chroot folder and not the
> actual one and expect -c "spawn ls" gives "spawn ls"
> as output.
> i hope this also says that i had chrooted correctly.
> but "make check" in gettext installation says libtool
> looks for a wrong path .. i.e it looks at /mnt/lfs/...
> which is not correct.

It seems like you are compiled some pakages for temporary system beeing
in /mnt/lfs/tools directory instead of cd'ed to /tools (which is symlink
to/mnt/lfs), so pakages has been linked to /mnt/lfs/tools/... insted of
/tools.
You must rebuild temporary system (while building pwd ,ust always
return /tools/...) or do some "magic cp's".

PS: I home you would understand my English :)

--
WBR, Vladimir Rusinov aka B.
LFS Builder # 14494