More alpha LFS6.0 building woes

Richard Betel emteeoh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 19:45:17 PST 2005

I was starting to feel like I was in the home stretch:
-the glibc errors seemed to not be important, at least not to me as
they were all in the precision of output of functions like atan.
-the binutils errors didn't seem to stop anything from compiling or
linking or working.

but then chapter 6 gcc wouldn't build cleanly! It keeps failing while
trying to build unwind-dw2.c

Its weird, because it builds cleanly in chapter 5. I've tried building
it using chapter 5 options but with --prefix=/usr, and that doesn't
help! I've filed a bug on the gcc bugzilla (19494) but if anyone has
any ideas what I've done wrong, I'd love to hear about it.

I'm gonna go try to make bootstrap and see if that changes anything.
Not holding my breath though.