/dev is empty....causes kernel panic

Pete Kofod pmkofod at datasages.com
Mon Jan 17 14:08:42 PST 2005

Couple of notes from my mistakes in the past.

- When I built a system on a second drive it was /dev/hdb (hd1 in grub
talk).  When I took it and booted it as primary I had to go back in and
change hdb to hda in both menu.lst and /etc/fstab as well as change hd1 to
hd0.

I am not sure that this is what is happening to you (Didn't read the whole
thread), but I don't see any reference to partition hosting the the build OS
(the knoppix build), unless that is partition 3.

Pete

news:20050117003650.24288.qmail at web42303.mail.yahoo.com...