[SOLVED]: bash history bug ?

roger21 roger21 at free.fr
Mon Jan 17 07:48:16 PST 2005

roger21 a écrit :
> hello,
>
> I've got this kind of bug with the bash history: when i browse into it
> with the up & donw keys and when i come back to my original line (empty
> or not) by keeping the down key pressed, it leaves a line from the
> history instead and it is not just a visual bug (as i've seen it
> before), this residual history line is realy there and doesn't want to
> leave by pressing the down key (and of course can be edited or executed)
> so the result is than i loose my currently editing line and/or i've got
> a useless command line than i have to delete or cancel in order to continue
>
> i hope someone know this problem and has a solution
>
> thanks in advance
>
> (LFS 6.0 - the problem still exist with C-p & C-n)

ok, so i applied all the patches i found and it's ok now ;)
more seriouisly i used bash-3.0-fixes-3.patch
http://lfs.osuosl.org/patches/downloads/bash/bash-3.0-fixes-3.patch
and readline-5.0-fixes-1.patch
http://lfs.osuosl.org/patches/downloads/readline/readline-5.0-fixes-1.patch
the patches are available from the lfs web site -> patches -> download
-> all patches section -> {readline, bash}
the second one (for readline) seems to be the one which soleved my problem