[HELP] lfs 6.0 mkfs can't find device

Chun Hui chui at kml.com.hk
Mon Jan 17 00:47:51 PST 2005

Hi all, I have sucessfully installed linux from LFS 6.0.  Everything went
well.  I encounter a problem when i try to create a filesystem in my compact
flush card.  The CF card is in the ide1 and /dev/hdd.  I can use fdisk to
create partition in the CF card device /dev/hdd.  However, when i try to
create filesystem, the following error pop up:

-bash-3.00# mkfs /dev/hdd1
mke2fs 1.35 (28-Feb-2004)
mkfs.ext2: No such file or directory while trying to determine hardware
sector size
-bash-3.00#

I have checked the /proc/ide/, /sys/block/, and /dev/, the device seems
detected by the system coz the file folder ide1, hdd, and hdd are in the
corresponding place.  I also try to add a 2nd harddisk in ide0 and i can do
the mkfs to the new harddisk.  So, is it the problem with the udev and the
CF device?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

--
Regards,
Chun Hui
chui at kml.com.hk

DISCLAIMER:-
This e-mail is intended for the addressee(s) only.  It is privileged and may
also be confidential.  Any review, retransmission, or other use of this
information by persons other than the addressee is prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the material from all your computer.