modify the agetty prompt

roger21 roger21 at free.fr
Sun Jan 16 11:42:01 PST 2005

Richard Betel a écrit :
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:40:17 +0100, roger21 <roger21 at free.fr> wrote:
>
>>>i was wondering if it is possible to change the aguetty prompt, for now
>>>it is: "<my_hostname> login:" i would like to remove the hostname
>>>information or modify it
>>>i found in the aguetty.c a #define LOGIN " login: " which is
>>>interesting, but i can't find information about the hostname message
>

> if you run just "login", you still get the hostname, and login wipes
> out the environment, so it doesn't seem like its possible to do what
> you want to do with the version of login we have.

actualy it does not come from login either, it come from agetty:
agetty display a prompt with "<my_hostname> login:" get the /login/ and
then call login with this /login/

but it's ok i've just found it, after a small nap i nuch more clearly
saw the source code of agetty: just before the LOGIN constant is actualy
used to display the agetty prompt (i was previously focused on another
utility of this constant which wasn't the interesting one) there's three
line of code which display the hostname -> bye bye (just commented actualy)
and it's perfect now :)