how do i find if i had properly chroot'ed

com bio combiofriends at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 16 05:08:44 PST 2005

Hello,
 i am using LFS version 6.0 . While installing
gettext-0.14.1, make gives errors.the error is

libtool: link: cannot find the library
`/mnt/lfs/source/gettext-0.14.1/gettext-tools/lib/libgettextlib.la'
make[4]: *** [msginit] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/source/gettext-0.14.1/gettext-tools/src'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/source/gettext-0.14.1/gettext-tools/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/source/gettext-0.14.1/gettext-tools'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/source/gettext-0.14.1/gettext-tools'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I hope i had chroot'ed properly. pwd says
/source/gettext-0.14 when i am in the gettext folder.
and this is expected.

root:/#expect -c "spawn ls"
spawn ls

this is also expected..
IS THERE ANYWAY TO CHECK IF I HAD CHROOTED PROPERLY
OTHER THAN THIS?. I had logged out after chrooting for
the first time. now when i again chroot to continue i
get error in making gettext. please help me
thanks

=====
link to deepan chakravarthy's home page:
http://deepan.tk

Center for Biotechnology,
Anna University,
Chennai,
India.
pin: 600025

Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile
phone.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

=====