problem in gettext-0.14 --- make

com bio combiofriends at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 20:21:29 PST 2005

Hello,
  I use lfs version 6.0. I had mounted the virtual
kernal  file system and entered the chroot
environment.(i am at chapter 6, to be precise 6.30.1)

   now after ./configure --prefix=/usr in gettext when
i issued the command make i got the following error.

libtool: link: cannot find the library
`/mnt/lfs/source/gettext-0.14.1/gettext-tools/lib/libgettextlib.la'
make[4]: *** [msginit] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/source/gettext-0.14.1/gettext-tools/src'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/source/gettext-0.14.1/gettext-tools/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/source/gettext-0.14.1/gettext-tools'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/source/gettext-0.14.1/gettext-tools'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

the second line of error refers to the path of
original system. In the new chroot environment there
is no such path..is that by any chance the reason for
the error?
if so how do i rectify?

=====
link to deepan chakravarthy's home page: http://deepan.tk