bash history bug ?

roger21 roger21 at free.fr
Sat Jan 15 12:32:34 PST 2005

hello,

I've got this kind of bug with the bash history: when i browse into it
with the up & donw keys and when i come back to my original line (empty
or not) by keeping the down key pressed, it leaves a line from the
history instead and it is not just a visual bug (as i've seen it
before), this residual history line is realy there and doesn't want to
leave by pressing the down key (and of course can be edited or executed)
so the result is than i loose my currently editing line and/or i've got
a useless command line than i have to delete or cancel in order to continue

i hope someone know this problem and has a solution

thanks in advance

(LFS 6.0 - the problem still exist with C-p & C-n)